HIMSS Foundation Scholarships
Purpose and History
Two (2) scholarships are awarded, one to an Undergraduate and one to a Master's student enrolled in a program related to the healthcare information and technology field. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship award, the recipient will also receive a trip to the HIMSS Global Conference and Exhibition (some restrictions may apply).
The call for scholarship applications is now closed. Scholarship recipients will be notified in November 2018. For more information, contact email@example.com
HIMSS 2018 Recipients
Vijaya Priya Rama Vijayasarathy
For Scholarship Consideration, Nominees Must
- The primary occupation of the applicant at the time the scholarship is awarded must be that of student in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program related to the health information and technology field. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in industrial engineering, operations research, bioinformatics, health informatics, computer science and information systems, mathematics, and quantitative programs in business administration, clinical disciplines, and health administration will predominate;
- Undergraduate applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the Scholarship is awarded;
- Current member in good standing of HIMSS;
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHAlliance, etc.);
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS;
- Scholarship judges are ineligible to be apply;
- Previous Foundation Scholarship recipients are ineligible.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the scholarship. Only fully-completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- Two letters of recommendation provided by any of the following: peers, colleagues, managers, or professors. We discourage nominees from submitting letters of recommendation written by Selection Committee judges;
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
The HIMSS Foundation Scholarship Provides
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s);
- Registration to HIMSS Global Conference and Exhibition;
- Airfare for recipient to travel to conference;
- Two-night hotel stay for recipient near conference location;
- $5,000 scholarship to recipient;
- $200 Honoraria;
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.