HIMSS Chapter Scholarships
Purpose and History
HIMSS chapters of Georgia, Midwest Gateway, South Florida, South Texas and Virginia are offering a 2021 chapter scholarship to a student of health information technology or informatics. The chapters established these scholarships to promote the development of emerging healthcare leaders in health information technology management. Chapter student members are all encouraged to apply for the scholarship being presented by the chapter which they are members.
The call for 2021 scholarship applications will open winter 2020. For more information please contact, email@example.com
HIMSS 2020 Chapter Scholarship Recipients
HIMSS is proud to recognize the recipients of the HIMSS 2020 Chapter Scholarships. Thank you to each of the Chapters who supported this program in 2020.
HIMSS 2020 Georgia Chapter Recipient
Major: BIS Health Informatics
Georgia State University
HIMSS 2020 New England Recipient
Major: MS Health Informatics
HIMSS 2020 South Florida Chapter Recipient
Major: MS Bioinformatics
Nova Southeastern University
For scholarship consideration, the following criteria must be met:
- The primary occupation of the applicant at the time the scholarship is awarded must be that of student in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program related to the health information or management systems field. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in industrial engineering, operations research, bioinformatics, health informatics, computer science and information systems, mathematics, and quantitative programs in business administration, clinical disciplines, and health administration will predominate;
- Undergraduate applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded;
- Current member in good standing of HIMSS as well as to the Chapter supporting the scholarship.
- The applicant must be attending a school within the region of the Chapter presenting the scholarship.
- Not currently serving on HIMSS Board of Directors or any HIMSS Advisory Boards;
- Not currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS;
- Scholarship judges are ineligible to apply;
- Previous Foundation Scholarship recipients are ineligible.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the scholarship. Only fully-completed online applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- Two letters of recommendation provided by any of the following: peers, colleagues, managers, or professors.
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
The HIMSS Chapter Scholarship Provides
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s);
- Registration to HIMSS Global Health Conference and Exhibition;
- Airfare for recipient to travel to conference;
- Two-night hotel stay for recipient near conference location;
- $5,000 scholarship to recipient;
- $200 Honoraria;
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.