Arizona Chapter of HIMSS Scholarship
Sponsored by the Arizona Chapter of HIMSS
Purpose and History
The Arizona Chapter of HIMSS is pleased to sponsor a scholarship for a student of health information and technology or informatics. The chapter established this scholarship to promote the development of emerging leaders in health information and technology management. Arizona student members are all encouraged to apply for the scholarship. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship award, the recipient will also receive a trip to the HIMSS Global Conference and Exhibition (some restrictions may apply).
The call for scholarship applications is now closed. Scholarship recipients will be notified in November 2018. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HIMSS 2018 Recipient
Hiral Chetan Soni
For Scholarship Consideration, Nominees Must
- Applicants must be attending classes at the time the scholarship is awarded at any Arizona accredited college/university related to healthcare, the management of information systems and affiliated professions. Attendance can be part or full time but should be part of a formalized program that leads to a specific degree in the associated field.
- Current member in good standing of HIMSS and the Arizona Chapter of HIMSS;
- The applicant must be attending a school in Arizona;
- Applicants must be willing to actively participate as a Student Liaison to the Chapter Board if selected;
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHAlliance, etc.);
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS;
- Scholarship judges are ineligible to be apply;
- Previous Foundation Scholarship recipients are ineligible.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the scholarship. Only fully-completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- Two letters of recommendation provided by any of the following: peers, colleagues, managers, or professor. We discourage nominees from submitting letters of recommendation written by Selection Committee judges;
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
The Arizona Chapter of HIMSS Scholarship Provides
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s);
- Registration to HIMSS Global Conference and Exhibition;
- Airfare for recipient to travel to conference;
- Two-night hotel stay for recipient near conference location;
- $5,000 scholarship to recipient;
- $200 Honoraria;
For more information, contact email@example.com.